Thursday, July 5, 2012

Positive Directions


I know, I’m absolutely positive actually, that my life is going somewhere spectacular.
I know that the things I’ve always wanted, I’m not going to give up on, and I’m going to make it all be reality.

It’s just that right now, things aren’t where I planned them to be, and that’s really okay. That’s life, things take unexpected turns for the worst all the time, I’ve kind of learned to accept that fact. However, that doesn’t ease my mind when I’m in such a silly little funk. All I’ve got to do at this point is re-shape my future, start from scratch, choose to get out of this funk and better my life rather than stay in this silly little point forever.
Things to look forward to/be jolly about:
  • My piano lesson in an hour
  • Andrew Bird concert on Sunday
  • Combing out my dreadlocks
  • Seeing my Texan family, spending time with my family in general
  • Pitchfork Music Festival
  • Seeing Dana again, spending loads of time with her
  • Going to Texas end of July
  • Getting a new job in August
  • Lollapalooza
  • Being a part of the Surround Sound Choir at my school
  • U.S. Gentleman of the Road Stopovers camping music festival
  • Turning 18
  • Getting out of school at 12:30, everyday
  • Taking classes at my local community college
  • Volunteering
  • Riot Fest
  • Visiting my dream college in New York on September 22nd (Seeing Deidre there)
  • Madrigal Dinner
  • Going to Arizona in December to visit my grandparents in the mountains
  • Being a part of theatre again, being in my first musical since 6th grade
  • Choir Tour, New York, New York, singing in the Lincoln Center, seeing a Broadway show
I’m getting out of this town, and I’m not saying my town is sucky, my town is beautiful, there’s a lot to do, trails to hike, lakes to ponder but I would be lying if I said that the people here were enjoyable. It’s not the size of my town, or the number of things to do that make me feel trapped, it’s the people. And I’m really excited to live in New York, to meet new people, to start completely fresh. To be known as my own person instead of being attached to not so pleasant things that I believed to be in the past, and no longer a part of me. That feeling… I can’t wait to have it. It’s going to be so refreshing, and so lovely. I look forward to it everyday, I look forward to all of this everyday.
But as of right now, I’m off to my lesson, then taking my car to the mechanic, a shower, signing up for college classes, and then summer homework. You gotta start somewhere to make the things you want to happen, happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment